Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Army Men

Not the real ones, the small plastic toys.


Many of you don't know, which is weird since my sister and I are so talkative, that Meredith and I have been playing this game with each other since at least the beginning of our college careers.

That game is hiding an army of Army Men in each other's belongings. I don't even know how it started. Maybe she'll remember. But the way the game worked at first in college, while sharing a dorm room, we would set up these Army Men and wait for the other to notice. To us, it is HILARIOUS. To others, it's probably slightly odd.

A friend of mine, whom I will just refer to as BFB, wrote a note to me in the cover of his "much anticipated" thesis from college saying we first met while I was hiding Army Men in my dorm room.

Once we moved away from each other I think the game took a break for awhile. Then somehow it got picked back up. The Army Men have been many places and this list is subject to be added on to.
Here are places I remember:
  • Bookshelf in Michelle's bedroom
  • Dorm room bookshelf 2002?
  • On Meredith's lofted bed on the pillow
  • Under the covers on Michelle's loft
  • Frozen into ice cube trays at Michelle's apartment 2004?
  • Dog food container at Michelle's house 2010
  • Mailed to Meredith's work 2010  
  • Sent home in Michelle's stuff from visiting Iowa 2011
  • Wrapped in a Christmas present for Meredith 2011
  • In the passenger side back pocket of Michelle's truck 2012
  • In a flower pot at Meredith's house 2012
  • Rolled into Michelle's Iowa State University football poster 2012
  • Set up as decorations in Meredith's entertainment center 2012
  • Under the passenger seat in Meredith's car 2012
  • In the Bocce ball set 2012



The latest location

2 comments:

  1. I feel like people are going to post ideas... I don't want their ideas being made public because then you'll know what to look out for.

    BTW - game on.

    ReplyDelete