Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hello!! We spent our evening at our friend's house - Jack was so good! Only fussy when he got a little tired. So I was able to nurse him and then cuddle with him until he slept. Then he woke up at about 11:30 or so and was awake to watch the ball drop! I don't think he wanted to be awake though and was a bit confused about where we were. Luckily, these friends live less than 10 mins away.

Exciting news though is that once we got home, about 12:40 or so, he was back asleep and slept until 7:15!!! Hooray!!! Now he is taking a nap and has been asleep for 2 hours. I guess he partied way to hard last night.

John and I are enjoying our day off and doing laundry and other odds and ends around the house. John is putting together a cabinet he got me for Christmas. I cleaned up a couple cupboards and put the glass things higher and brought the plastic things lower. 

Jack is really really wanting to crawl. He does Army crawl and he puts his whole body into it. He's such a happy kid though. But now you can see why the plastic things needed to be in a lower cupboard as I imagine he is going to learn to open the door and play with whatever he finds. Trouble maker for sure. 

 I can't wait for him to wake up and so we can play! My folks were out here this past weekend and bought him a Johnny Jumper. His cousin has one and they thought he needed one too. He loves it - not as much as his cousin yet but, he will get there.  

He is also very spoiled - lots of lovings while Grandma and Grandpa were here - then the weekend before John's dad was out and gave him lots of loves too. It's easy to love him with the cute little smile he gets. I don't think it will be easy to say no to that.

A few other things that happened recently:
- We got to spend a whole week in Iowa for Thanksgiving and saw just about the whole immediate family. - Even got to meet Jack's new cousin Daniel!
- I cut 5 inches off my hair.
- Jack had his first baby sitter while I was at work and John had drill.
- We were Jesus, Mary, and Joseph for the Christmas program at church.
- John had his work Christmas party and naturally Jack was the cutest guy there
- Jack now eats carrots (iffy on liking them) and sweet potatoes (likes them).









No comments:

Post a Comment